Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is the most significant limiting factor in intensive diabetes management. This course focuses on more than just proper treatment… discover expert techniques for reducing the risk and incidence of mild, moderate and severe hypoglycemia. Specific topics include:
- Risks associated with recurrent hypoglycemia
- Defining various phases of hypoglycemia
- Setting acceptable goals for hypoglycemia occurrence
- Technological advances for preventing lows
- Diabetes management approaches for minimizing lows
- Proper treatment of mild-to-moderate hypoglycemia
- Use of glucagon for treating severe hypoglycemia
Do you have what it takes to “test out” of this class?
Lows blow, and many of us have already spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to best deal with them. Do you think you know all there is to know about lows (try saying that 5 times fast!)?