Placement Test: Advanced Carb Counting
1) Which carbohydrate raises blood sugar the fastest?
C. Straight-chain starch
D. Branched-chain starch
2) Which meal contains approximately 60 grams of carbohydrates?
A. A medium slice of pizza, small side salad, and diet soft drink.
B. A footlong submarine sandwich and a small bag of chips.
C. A cup of pasta, Caesar salad, and a scoop of ice cream.
D. A grilled cheese sandwich, handful of carrots, and mineral water.
3) Which is true about dietary protein?
A. It contains as many calories as fat.
B. It slows the digestion of carbohydrates.
C. It does not raise blood sugar levels.
D. It may raise blood sugar when consumed without carbohydrates.
4) Which of the following represents exactly a 1-cup portion?
A. A half-pint of milk
B. A soda can
C. An adult’s fist
D. All of the above
5) Carbohydrate factors represent:
A. The portion of calories in a food item that come from carbohydrates.
B. Anything in a food item that can raise blood sugar.
C. The percentage of a food’s weight that is carbohydrate.
D. The speed with which a given food item raises blood sugar.