Placement Test: Weight Loss for Insulin Users
1) Which of the following does not affect the body’s storage of fat?
A. The amount of insulin taken.
B. What time food is eaten.
C. One’s level of physical activity.
D. Carbohydrate consumption.
2) Which of the following can increase metabolic rate?
A. Very low fat intake.
B. Very low carbohydrate intake.
C. Strength training exercise.
D. Stretching exercises.
3) Medication that suppresses appetite includes which of the following?
B. Sulfonylureas (glyburide, glipizide, glimepiride).
C. Incretin mimetics (pramlintide, exanatide, liraglutide).
D. All of the above.
4) Fat gain can be caused by:
A. Too much exercise.
B. Too much sleep.
C. Too much insulin.
D. Too much water.
5) From a caloric standpoint, ALCOHOL:
A. Contains more than fat, carbohydrate, and protein.
B. Contains more than fat, but less than carbohydrate and protein.
C. Contains less than fat, but more than carbohydrate and protein.
D. Contains less than fat, carbohydrate, and protein.